Community engagement & philanthropy
Wellfleet’s Community Engagement
Since its inception, Wellfleet has been a passionate supporter of causes that support children, young adults, and the health and basic needs of people in the Springfield, Mass. community and beyond, as well as initiatives aimed at improving the health of populations.
Our company and its employees have a vested interest in the health and well-being of our stakeholders and our community, which we exhibit by contributing time, talent, and treasure to several initiatives.
WeCare is Wellfleet’s charitable activities and employee engagement team – a group of employees who function as cultural ambassadors, internally and externally. The WeCare team steers philanthropic priorities, creates opportunities for employees to volunteer, and plans employee events.
Annual Memorial Spring Cleanup
The annual cleanup features dozens of Wellfleet employees volunteering to beautify the homes of elderly Springfield, Mass. homeowners. The event began in 2007, in memory of members of our employee ‘family’ who have passed on.
Wellfleet also proudly supports:
- Link to Libraries – Wellfleet ‘sponsors’ public schools in Springfield, like Indian Orchard Elementary, by sending employee volunteers to read books aloud to children in the classroom. Wellfleet’s sponsorship also provides kids with books to enjoy both at school and at home.
- CSO: Clinical & Support Options – Wellfleet has sponsored meals and services at the Friends of the Homeless shelter in Springfield since 2013.
- Food pantries – Wellfleet supports organizations promoting food security in the communities where our employees live, including Springfield’s Open Pantry, through internal matching campaigns, food collection drives, and other initiatives.
- YMCA of Greater Springfield – Helping children and families in our hometown.
- United Way organizations – Wellfleet supports various programs in employees’ communities.
- Rays of Hope Walk – Our ‘Breast Friends’ unite annually to support the Springfield-based charity that supports breast cancer research and related programs and services.