Community engagement & philanthropy
Wellfleet’s Community Engagement
Since its inception, Wellfleet has been a passionate supporter of causes that support children, young adults, and the basic needs of people in the Springfield, Mass. community, as well as initiatives aimed at improving the health of populations.
Our company and its employees have a vested interest in the health and well-being of our stakeholders and our community, which we exhibit by contributing time, talent, and treasure to several initiatives.
The Saremi Health & Wellness Foundation
The Saremi Foundation was established in 2016, to formally recognize Wellfleet’s long history of supporting initiatives designed to improve college students’ mental and physical health, wellness, and safety on campus.
Company founder Kevin Saremi began Wellfleet’s tradition of issuing Health E Fund grants to help colleges fund mental health education seminars, crisis hotlines, weight loss programs, exercise programs, and health fairs, as well as safety equipment like defibrillators and call boxes.
The foundation awards annual grants to colleges and universities, with applications generally accepted in November and December. To apply, visit the Foundation’s website.
Annual Memorial Spring Cleanup
The annual cleanup features dozens of Wellfleet employees volunteering on a Saturday morning in May to rake leaves, plants flowers, and otherwise beautify the yards of elderly Springfield, Mass. homeowners. Wellfleet partners with Greater Springfield Senior Services to help local senior citizens with the outdoor chores they can no longer do themselves.
Wellfleet often helps the same families year after year, building relationships with them. The event began in 2007, in memory of members of our employee ‘family’ who have passed on.
Wellfleet also proudly supports:
- Link to Libraries – Wellfleet ‘sponsors’ the Indian Orchard Elementary School in Springfield, sending employee volunteers to read books aloud to children in the classroom. Wellfleet’s sponsorship also provides kids with books to enjoy both at school and at home.
- Friends of the Homeless – Wellfleet has sponsored the service of a quarterly meal at the Worthington Street shelter since 2013. Employees also volunteer to help serve this meal.
- Rays of Hope Walk – Our ‘Breast Friends’ unite annually to support the Springfield-based charity that supports breast cancer research and related programs and services.
- Open Pantry – Wellfleet’s twice-annual food collection drive helps feed local residents in need.
- Soldier On – During the holiday season, Wellfleet employees take up a collection, matched by the President & CEO, to support this Massachusetts-based non-profit committed to ending veteran homelessness.