As the coronavirus pandemic continues, we at Wellfleet want to reinforce our commitment to you, our customers and stakeholders: employees, members, clients, brokers, vendors, and business partners. We are here for you.
Wellfleet continues to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak, while providing services crucial to members right now: processing claims, answering customer service calls, verifying coverage, and administering pharmacy benefits. As customers, we appreciate your commitment to Wellfleet, and urge you to reach out to your Wellfleet service team members when you need assistance.
Except for some office-essential tasks, Wellfleet employees have been working from home since March 18, and are observing very strict protocols to keep your data and your privacy safe. Following stay at home advisories and social distancing rules are essential to stemming the spread of COVID and saving lives.
We are determined to continue protecting our members against health and financial risks. Therefore, Wellfleet has decided to waive out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19 treatment, until further notice, for its Student members enrolled in Wellfleet insurance carrier plans.
Our Student members should know:
- Wellfleet is waiving out-of-pocket costs for all COVID-19 treatment until further notice. We’ll waive all co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance. Similar to a preventative visit, like your annual physical, you’ll have no out-of-pocket costs for your treatment. This applies to plans underwritten by Wellfleet Insurance carriers.
- COVID-19 testing for ISO members will be covered at no cost share, so members will have no out-of-pocket costs for testing regardless of whether the services are provided in or out of network. This will include collection of test and office visit. No prior authorization requirements will apply.
- If student members believe they’re exhibiting signs of COVID-19, they should contact their provider to set up a COVID-19 test. They’ll have no out-of-pocket costs for testing or treatment costs related to COVID-19.
- Previously, Wellfleet had removed the non-emergency treatment exclusion for students seeking care while overseas. The waiving of out-of-pocket costs for all COVID-19 treatments until further notice is applicable to treatment in the United States and abroad. Students can learn more about Wellfleet’s COVID-19 International Accommodations on our website.
- ISO members who have left campuses should continue to contact their student health care centers or visit myfirsthealth.com or multiplan.com to find a provider. When contacting providers regarding COVID-19, members should advise of recent travel and symptoms, and minimize contact with others.
- We continue to waive requirements for student members who typically need to access care or referrals from student health centers. Members can seek testing or treatment for COVID-19 at any local medical facility – including the emergency room, urgent care, and office visits.
- Wellfleet Rx members can continue to contact us at normal business hours, and we are prepared to provide fill-too-soon overrides for members traveling. Upon request, Wellfleet is allowing a one-time 30-day advance refill of a member’s prescription medication, except for opioids, ADHD medications, or other controlled substances.
- If members believe they are sick or have the Coronavirus COVID-19, telehealth is a great option to reduce their exposure to others. Members can find the services offered by visiting their school’s page on Wellfleetstudent.com. The telehealth options available will vary by school.
- Wellfleet has a dedicated Coronavirus hotline to answer any questions you or your student members may have: (833) 343-5338. Hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Our Student Health Insurance members, clients, and partners are invited to visit this link for more information and resources.
Our Workplace members should know:
- Our teams are available. Members should not hesitate to call us directly about your benefits or consult with their Human Resources team regarding questions.
- Employees with questions surrounding coverage of costs related to COVID-19 testing and treatment should speak with their Human Resources team.
- Wellfleet is committed to monitoring and working with our DOI partners to understand impacts of regulations and we will keep members informed.
- For health plan clients and members, Wellfleet has a dedicated Coronavirus hotline to answer any of your questions: (833) 343-5338. Hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
We know that you – our members, clients, and business partners – are relying on us to help you navigate through this trying time. We are here for you. We will continue to protect you against risk and provide quality service with uncompromising ethics to you – during this time of crisis and always.
President & CEO